To Access Identity Theft Protection Services: Call 888-490-0382 and have your member number handy.
Our unique identity theft solution provides you with all the components necessary to restore your identity, and prevent future incidents of identity theft. All work done on your behalf is performed by qualified paralegals. Our program takes a completely hands-on approach to identity theft restoration. You will have 24/7, 365 days per year access to Identity Theft Restoration Advocates who will provide you with comprehensive, personalized recovery services.
IDENTITY THEFT INSURANCE*
You will also receive up to $1,000,000 worth of identity theft insurance coverage underwritten by a nationally recognized Insurance Carrier with an “A” or better AM Best Rating. This coverage will help offset some of the cost of restoring your identity to its original status including:
• Lost wages: $500.00 per week, for 4 weeks maximum
• Re-filing of loans
• Defense cost for certain civil & criminal lawsuits
• Reimbursement of fees: Reasonable and necessary costs incurred in the United States by the
• Re-filing applications for loans, grants, or other credit instruments that are rejected solely as a result of a stolen identity incident
• Notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, long-distance telephone calls, and postage solely as a result of the insured’s efforts to report a stolen identity incident and/or amend or rectify records as to the insured’s true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity event
• Up to six credit reports from established credit bureaus (with no more than two reports from any one credit bureau) dated within 12 months after the insured’s discovery of a stolen identity incident.
• The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions, and exclusions of the policy described. Please refer to the actual policy for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is not available to residents of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions. Insurance coverage is limited only to the member.
IDENTITY THEFT RESTORATION
Upon notification of an identity theft incident, Privacy Advocates will act on your behalf as a dedicated case manager to:
• Investigate and confirm the fraudulent activity, including known, unknown, and potentially complicated additional sources of identity theft.
• Complete and mail customized, pre-populated, state-specific “Fraud Packet“ via certified mail with pre-paid return instructions.
• Place phone calls, send electronic notifications, and prepare appropriate documentation on the member’s behalf, including dispute letters for defensible complaints to any and all appropriate state agencies and financial institutions.
• Issue fraud alerts and victim statements when necessary, with the three consumer credit reporting agencies, the FTC, SSA, and U.S. Postal Service.
• Submit Special Limited Power of Attorney and ID Theft Affidavit to involved creditors for card cancellation and new card issuance.
• Contact, follow up and escalate issues with affected agencies, creditors, and financial institutions, to reinforce members’ rights.
• Assist the member in notifying local law enforcement authorities to file the appropriate official reports.
• Utilize real-time access to public records reports including DMV, criminal, address changes, liens, and judgments for further investigation where applicable.
• Provide peace of mind and resolution of key issues from start to finish as swiftly as possible.
• Provide members with a “Case Completion Kit“ including copies of documentation, correspondence, forms, and letters for their personal records.
LOST OR STOLEN CREDIT CARD ASSISTANCE/DOCUMENT RECOVERY SERVICES
Privacy Advocates will assist members in the event their credit cards are misplaced or stolen. Privacy Advocates will:
• Consult with members to determine the severity of the event
• Obtain credit reports from each of the three major credit
• Contact each credit card company or other financial institution with the member via teleconference.
• Cancel members affected credit cards
• Request new replacement cards
• Place fraud alerts with all three major credit bureaus
• Assist members with interpreting their credit reports
• Provide daily ID monitoring for six months to help proactively prevent any additional identity fraud
• Provide credit dispute assistance
• Assist with additional lost items including driver’s license, library, and other membership cards.
Identity Monitoring searches and monitors for past history as well as real-time identity frauds or threats. This service includes:
• Secure, hassle-free identity monitoring
• Actionable identity alerts Our Identity Monitoring does much more than monitor credit, offering a solution as robust as the ones used by the nation’s leading financial institutions to prevent theft. Identity Monitoring uses innovative technology to detect misuse or even an elevated likelihood of misuse of an individual’s Social Security number, name, address, phone, and date of birth. By creating a SNAPD identity blueprint, this program monitors billions of data on a daily basis from sources such as:
• New Credit Cards
• Wireless Carrier Applications
• Retail Credit Card Accounts
• Automobile Loans
• Mortgage Loans
• Payday Loans
• Checking Accounts and Check Reorders
• Utility Accounts
• DMV Records
• Government Databases
• Real Estate Records
• Court Records
• Criminal Records
• Social Security Records
As identity fraud usually precedes identity theft, this type of proactive system is critical to mitigating the extensive and expensive damage perpetrated after an identity is stolen and manipulated.
** Identity Monitoring coverage is limited only to the member.
KEYLOGGING DEFENSE SYSTEM™
Our unique program is the only one in the country that provides you with a software tool that helps prevent identity theft. Keyloggers are self-propagating viruses that steal your keystrokes, and the information contained, as you navigate the Internet. Our Keylogging Defense System™ helps to proactively prevent online identity theft by encrypting every keystroke at the keyboard level and then reroutes those encrypted keystrokes directly to your Internet browser. Our Keylogging Defense System™ bypasses the multiple communication areas that are normally vulnerable to keylogging attacks that could compromise your vital information. With our defense system, members can now browse, access critical business applications, shop, and bank online with confidence knowing that each and every keystroke is encrypted and not being transmitted to an awaiting Identity Thief.